Sunday 10 November 2013

(Part 3) Hong Kong : Se Wong Yee + Mui Kee Cookfood Stall

Hong Kong Trip June 2013


Macdonald breakfast


Their macdonal breakfast pretty much the same except that they have this macaroni on their breakfast menu. Surprisingly, I saw alot of elderly there instead of filled with students order only 1 drink and sit there for long hours like in Singapore. lol



Se Wong Yee 蛇王二(燒臘飯店) - Michelin recommendation


This also a Michelin recommendation. I did not realise until I googled about it. Regretted for not ordering snake broth since bf does not drink.


Wintermelon pork rib soup

Char siew rice

Roast duck rice

Why did we go to a snake king shop and did not order their snake broth? lol our mindset was wrong.. haha




Se Wong Yee 蛇王二(燒臘飯店)
Address: 24 Percival St 銅鑼灣波斯富街24號
Nearest MTR station: Causeway bay station exit C
Tel: +852 2831 0163 or +852 2832 2977


Hang Heung Cake Shop 恆香老餅家


Local snack to bring home! My colleague specified what brand of loupo beng (wife biscuits) he wants.. ~.~ lucky the brand can be found in all Sogo departmental stores. Otherwise, will not buy for him..



Hang Heung Cake Shop 恆香老餅家
Address: Causeway Bay, Sogo Department Store, Basement 2
Nearest MTR station: Causeway bay station exit D3
Refer to their main website for other branches location


Koi Kee Bakery 澳門鉅記手信


This one is for myself! The original shop is in Macau. They have many different bakery products but I only have my eyes on their phoenix egg roll with seaweed and shredded pork floss 紫菜肉鬆鳳凰卷. Bought a few boxes home... all for myself lol..


Koi Kee Bakery 澳門鉅記手信
Address: 1 Shop A G/F Lee On Building,No.56-62 Argyle Street, Mongkok
Nearest MTR station: MongKok station Exit D3,Shop fronts to Sin Tat Plaza
Refer to their main website for other branches location


Cookies Quartet 曲奇四重奏


Recommended by bf's collegues. Below pic is taken from their main website. Most popular is their palmier biscuits. I love the original flavour one!




Cookie Quartet 曲奇四重奏
Address: Shop E, G/F, Carnarvon Mansion, 10B Carnarvon Road, Tsim Sha Tsui 
九龍尖沙咀加拿芬道10B嘉芬大廈地下E號商舖
Nearest MTR station: Tsim Sha Tsui exit D2 or N2
Refer to their main website for other branches location


Mui Kee Cookfood Stall 妹記大排檔 


Credit to FT

Panoramic view of the interior. Seems like alot of locals like to come here and eat


Here's a funny conversation between the order taker and me (in cantonese + mandarin) :
Me: May we order please?
Him: What would you like to order?
Me: I want this (while pointing to the dish name).
Him: No no that one not very nice (and shake his head at the same time)
Me: then this leh?
Him: ok this one nice. 
Me: this leh?
Him: this one not delicious also. You know, some dishes here are nice some dishes not nice one. (while he looks around the place, afraid other people overhear him)
Me: then you tell me what's nice then I order lah..
Him: some special dishes are not on the menu one.. must look at the black board in front. For example, this egg white mixed crab meat very good one!
Me: OKOK I want that one! 

After we were done with the ordering, I whispered to my bf "I like this guy leh he very funny, cute and honest!"


From left to right: egg white mixed crab meat 賽螃蟹 -> oyster fritter 蠔餅 -> claypot chicken 秘製鋼鍋雞
(english names created by myself)



Mui Kee Cookfood Stall 妹記大排檔
Address: G/F, 45-47Kimberly Road, Kimberly Plaza, Tsim Sha Tsui 
尖沙咀金巴利道45-47號金巴利廣場地下
Tel: +852 2721 2123


Back to Mongkok for a walk..




Bought these magnets from ladies market. Must remember to bargain! Ladies market always chops tourists! I bought these magnets for HKD25 down from HKD40 if I am not wrong. 

The next morning before the flight, had a last minute dim sum breakfast at the hotel.





Hope to see you again next year, Hong Kong!
May be go small islands like cheung chau 长洲 during Bun Festival or lamma island 南丫岛 ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment