Sunday 31 January 2016

Japan - Nara

Japan : Kyoto - May 2015


Continue from Himeji

Our next stop from Himeji was Nara.

Whenever I ask around "What's there to see in Nara?" The replies I got were "see the deers lor".

The Nara Park is just at JR Nara Station which is very accessible. It was a quite a long walk from the station plus it started to drizzle so we decided to take a bus there.




Biscuit for deer - 150 yen




I was watching and taking pictures of this little boy feeding the deer and he was SO NICE that he offered me a biscuit to feed the deer! I was extremely surprised by his small action and his big heart.


This little cute one kept chasing its own tail lol





We often saw groups of school children having a school excursion to temples, museums and shrines. What I love most is their coordinated school uniform, bags, caps and shoes. They are all so cute!



Till the end of the Nara Park is their famous temple and landmark of Nara - Todaiji Temple.





I overheard a tour guide saying that it was a good luck thingy to climb through the hole in the standing pole.



Todaiji Temple
Entrance fee: 500 yen
nearest JR: JR Nara Station

3 comments: