Thursday 5 December 2013

Korea - Namiseom Island

Korea trip Oct 2013


Nami Island


Nami Island is a tiny half-moon shaped island located in Chuncheon, South Korea. Korean popular drama, Winter Sonata 冬季恋歌, was filmed there. The best time to visit Nami Island are autumn and winter. I guess we were a week or two earlier to see the best part of autumn leaves foliage at Nami Island. saddening...





The ferry to Nami Island. Quite cool right like some space ship!


When we reached Nami Island, the sky was getting dark. My mood as well..


Anyway we were a little disappointed that we were too early for the prime period of autumn leave foliage. 

So romantic.... to cycle with all the pine trees... will be even more romantic with all the autumn leaves or during winter with the snow and everything..

Then when we saw red and yellow trees, our mood lightened a little!


One of the pictures I love the most! 

awww... heart shape...

My pictures were a little blurish as it was quite dark already and I did not have a tripod with me =(




This is the spot where the winter sonata couple had their first kiss. 











Bye, disappointing Nami Island. I would want to come back again during winter or autumn. I hope the next time I visit you, I can have more time to walk around or even cycle around this moon shaped island. I also heard of  there is a small farm area on the island with many ostriches, which are free to roam the island! 

Our tour guide ensured us that we would be very satisfied the next day at Mount Sorak.


Namiseom Island
Address: 1024, Bukhangangbyeon-ro, Gapyeong-eup, Gapyeong-gun, Gyeonggi-do
Admission Fee: 10,000 won
Direction: Take the ferry from Namiseom Dock to Namiseom Island. (Travel time: 5-6min) 


Shuttle Bus (From Seoul to Namiseom Island) 
* Bus Stop 
1) Insa-dong (Jonggak Station, Subway Line 1, Exit 3): Next to Tapgol Park 
2) Jamsil Station (Subway Line 2, Exit 4): In front of Lotte Mart 

* Shuttle Bus Schedule: 
Insa-dong, Jamsil Station → Namiseom Island: 08:30 
Namiseom Island → Insa-dong, Jamsil Station: 16:00 
Advanced reservation required. (Inquiries +82-2-753-1247)

*Fare
7,500 won for one way trip
15,000 won for two way trip

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Would like to check which day of October did you visit Nami Island? I am hoping to catch the autum foliage this Oct.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I went on the last week of October. You may google to check when is the expected autumn foliage this year =)

      Delete
  2. Hi, I have 2 date range here, 15th of October to 23rd of October OR 5th November to 13th November, I would love to see the vibrant color in nami island and also seoraksan, may I know which date should I choose?Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, u need to google when is the peak period for this year. Different year different period.

      Delete