Sunday 9 November 2014

Hong Kong: Lin Heung + Jenny Bakery + Repulse Bay + Stanley Market

Hong Kong trip - May 2014


Lian Xiang Lou 莲香楼


My friend's HK friends brought us for breakfast at Lian Xiang Lou (Lin Heung in cantonese) which origin from Guangzhou city. It has over hundred year history. It must be that good to last for so long! I also saw the first shop during my recent Guangzhou trip.


It is a short walking distance from nearest MTR station - Sheung Wan station. Good for morning walk in such a cooling weather during May.


It was a sunday morning and we reached around 9+am. I thought we were quite a early bird already but the teahouse was already fully seated with.. hmm.. elderly.. Singaporeans do not wake up so early for yum cha. Hong Kong people are really early risers! lol


The teahouse was so fully packed that we have to share table with other customers. Our "table neighbours" overheard our singlish conversation, knew where were we from and started to share their impression and their favourite food when they came to Singapore few years back. Very flattering~ we thank you on behalf of our country.


This is a board of celebrities' signatures who came to their teahouse. I guess? I can not spot any familiar names though lol. 

Their famous mooncakes.

Dim sum for five people!


Lian Xiang Lou 莲香楼
Address: #160-164 Wellington Street, Sheung Wan 
Tel: +852 2544 4556 
Opening Hours: 9am - 10pm
Nearest MTR station: Sheung Wan Station, exit A2



Jenny Bakery 珍妮曲奇


Frankly speaking, I have never heard of this brand before. Apparently it is very highly rated and highly raved by many people and thus the long queue.


This is considered as very short queue already. I heard of people queuing for 3 hours for this! We only queued for less than 30 minutes. We count ourselves very very very lucky already!


They are indeed very systematic. One of their staffs (not sure if she is the lady boss) gave out number to each customer and one customer can only buy max 3 large tins or 4 small tins. 

I gave them hygiene and cleanliness A+ grade.

Yays!


I did not expect myself to fall in love and be addicted to them on my first bite as I do not fancy cookies and find them too dry to swallow. Jenny cookies did over my expectation! The cookies are very buttery and they melt in your mouth (like M&M's slogan except that you must be very careful when taking cookies out of the tin). Also, the strong cookies smell immediately fills up the room when you open the tin. I personally love the coffee flavour! Too many good comments already. 

I can't resist them!

Jenny Bakery
Address: Sheung Wan store 15 Wing Wo Street, Ground Floor Sheung Wan Hong Kong 
(opposite Sincere Department Store, Behind Grand Millenium Plaza) 
Nearest MTR station: Sheung Wan station, Exit E2
Tel: +852 2524-1988
Opening Hours: 10am – 7pm



Repulse Bay 淺水灣


Moving on to our next destination at Hong Kong Island - Repulse Bay.

Repulse Bay is located at the south of Hong Kong Island. It is also known as the high class beach and residential area, similar to our Palawan or Tanjong do beach at Sentosa.

This crescent-shaped stretch of sand is one of the most beautiful beaches in Hong Kong is extended artificially. 


Famous "building with a hole".

Upon alighting from the bus, the first thing that caught my eyes was this building with a hole. Heard from my friend that Nicholas Tse is staying in one of the unit. It was previously Repulse Bay Hotel and turned into a living estate.


The building with a hole is right smack in the middle facing the Repulse Bay. Definitely damn good view!


On the right of the beach, there are many private estates where rumors many HK celebrities are staying there as well. I was not lucky enough to bump any of them. The fengshui there really very good - mountain at the back and facing water..

It was a little gloomy that day with dark clouds covering the sun. It was around 21 degree.


I would say this place is too commercialized.  It does not give a calm and peaceful atmosphere for relaxation.


#obligatedjumpshot

Kwum Yum Shrine


The entrance of the shrine and a bright red bridge and a Chinese style pavillion over the water, this is the Longevity Bridge which you must cross to add three days to your life. I miss it!!


Ocean Park Hong Kong

We spotted Ocean Park from Repulse Bay! I have been there once when I came to Hong Kong for the first time few years back. Personally finds it quite boring, probably I was not very fancy theme park that time. I prefer Disneyland though lol. For the record, this was my third time been to Hong Kong. 


Stanley Market 赤柱大街






Never be tired of this sight...

I love the sea view.. 

...but I scared of water..

"I rather be 
on top of it than 
in it"


Soft serve ice cream! Not exceptional yummy but very local feel~ like our $1 ice cream stall at Orchard.

Their Stanley street market is just like their Ladies market except maybe slightly more expensive due to its location. I bought a landmark magnet there lol. 




Bus 6, 6A, 6X, 66 or 260 from Exchange Square bus terminal (near MTR Hong Kong Station, Exit D) and alight at Repulse Bay Beach.

From Repulse Bay takes bus 6/6X/260 to Stanley Market.



3 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thanks for your itinerary! Just wondering if you rmb how long does the bus ride takes from the bus terminal to Repulse Bay Beach? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Yu Zhen Chan, Thanks for sharing such an important information regarding repulse bay hong kong

    ReplyDelete